If you’re going through the lockdown thinking, “I’m going to work on my skin and hair care,” you’re not alone!
We want to help you get started, so we curated these secret skin and hair tips that fit seamlessly in your work-from-home routine, use ingredients you already have and are incredibly effective.
Start off your day with edgy all-natural DIY face masks!
BUT FIRST, Cleanse
Use a cleanser you have at home to wash off the toxins and dirt!
Expert Tip: You can use our Coccoon Purifying Face Cleanser which is made with all natural antioxidant-rich ingredients to cleanse your pores.
Exfoliate|Tighten|Hydrate - take your pick!
OAT FACIAL SCRUB
1/8 cup uncooked oats
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup olive oil
In a food processor, pulse oats until they are broken down a bit, but not yet powdered.
Transfer oats to a small and clean bowl, and add in honey and olive oil.
Mix together with a spoon or fork.
Clean skin thoroughly.
Add a thick layer of the facial scrub, and gently massage into face for 60 seconds. Leave on skin for an extra 5 – 10 minutes, for extra moisture, then rinse with cold water. Pat skin dry, removing any remaining scrub.
CARROT AND COCONUT OIL FACE MASK
1 carrot washed with top removed water
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
Roughly chop carrot into 5 or so chunks
Bring about 1" of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add carrots, reduce heat to low, cover and steam for 8-10 minutes
Drain water and add carrots to food processor or blender. Add coconut oil and blend until smooth, like a puree
Apply carrot and coconut oil face mask to clean face, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Allow to set about 15-20 minutes
Wash face with warm water, and gently wipe off any remaining bits with a wash cloth.
TIGHTEN YOUR PORES WITH THIS BADASS TRIO
• 1/2 cucumber
• 1/2 potato
• 1/2 tomato
1. Wash and grind all three together in a grinder.
2. Put the mixture into an ice tray and add water.
3. When you start your work in the morning, just apply this cube on your face, let it dry and then wash it.
4. A tray will last for a week for the entire family.
One of the biggest things that gives you glowing skin: hydration! So some awesome moisturizer to pack in all the goodness from this regime, is a must!
Get the glow you always desired with Coccoon ROUND THE CLOCK GLOW COMBO with HYDRATING NIGHT SERUM + RESTORING DAY CREAM. This combo works round the clock to keep your skin moisturized and keeps tiredness at bay!
Show your hair some love!
The Art of Hair Oiling
THE GODDESS EDITION OIL MIX
1 T. coconut oil
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. Argan oil
5 drops cedar essential oil
5 drops rosemary essential oil
1. Add coconut oil, olive oil, and Argan oil to a small microwave safe bowl.
2. Heat in 10 second increments until the oil is melted and the mixture is warm.
3. Quickly stir and add in cedar and rosemary oils.
4. Work the homemade oil treatment for hair through your hair using your fingers. Start at the tips and work your way up.
5. Using a wide tooth comb, comb your hair. This will distribute the hot hair oil treatment as well as detangle your hair.
6. Allow the moisturizing hot oil hair treatment to sit for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the strengthening hot oil hair treatment by washing your hair with your favorite shampoo.
8. Air or blow dry hair as usual.
9. Use this homemade oil treatment for hair approximately once a month to moisturize and strengthen your hair.
You can use Coccoon Miraculous Sulphate-Free Shampoo to wash off the oil and follow it with Coccoon’s Nourishing Hair Mask with Olive Oil, Green Tea and Apple resulting in beautiful texture in your hair!
A Kiss Goodnight
A Good Night’s Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix the brown sugar with raw honey.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to this mixture.
- Once blended, apply the scrub to your lips and rub it well in circular motions for two to three minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and apply some lip balm.